Update: 04 November 2020
New lockdown measures will be
in force from midnight tonight until Wednesday 2nd December, at which point the
current tier system with local restrictions will be reintroduced depending on
the area's infection rate.
What is the impact on your cleaning services?
If you were one of our lovely customers at the beginning of the year, you will remember that we shut down and stopped all domestic cleaning entirely. However, the guidance is slightly different this time and these are our current considerations based on what information is available right now:
- People can leave home to go to work unless it can be done from home
Stating the obvious, our cleaners cannot work from home and they will be issued with a written letter for police inspection if challenged.
- Different households cannot mix unless they are part of a support bubble
We will ask any customer who would like their cleaning to continue to ensure that social distancing is maintained throughout. The cleaner will wear a mask when entering the house and will continue to do so until they can be sure that the house is well ventilated and there is no chance of any contact with the occupier.
- Vulnerable and over 60's should be especially careful and minimise contact, although the shielding programme will not return
With particular consideration to this, we will not be able to continue domestic cleaning services to people within this category unless there are very specific and clear arrangements in place whereby we can ensure there is zero contact between the cleaner and home owner WITHOUT putting the home owner under additional risk by going out. PPE will be of paramount importance and further information on additional precautions will be issued in due course.
- Our cleaners' personal circumstances
Schools are not set to close so I do not anticipate childcare being any more problematic than it has been since the beginning of September. However, any cleaner who lives with another vulnerable person has been strongly advised to not work for the full period of the 4 week lockdown.
We will be contacting all our customers directly over the coming days to discuss individual circumstances. If you have any concerns whatsoever, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
11 May 2020
On Thursday 16th April 2020, the Government extended the lockdown for a further 3 weeks, with the emphasis on staying at home in order to save lives. Yesterday the Government changed the emphasis from staying at home to staying alert. Anyone who can't work from home should be "actively encouraged" to go to work, provided that they practice social distancing both in the workplace and on their commute.
What does that mean for my cleaner?
Under the new guidance, domestic cleaning can now resume. However, whilst the virus is still in circulation, we fully understand that not everyone will want to take up their cleaning services again. Likewise, some of our cleaners may not have their normal availability whilst the schools remain closed. Our priority over the coming weeks is to ensure that we can gradually reintroduce a normal service for the people who would like their cleaning to resume whilst implementing extra measures to protect the welfare of both customers and cleaners. These measures are in accordance with NHS and WHO best practice and are laid out below. We will continue to monitor the situation and introduce new measures as required.
1. Cleaners can return to work, providing that they are well and have no symptoms. They will be instructed to notify you in advance of their planned arrival so that you can be sure of their good health. If they are not well and are unable to make their appointment, we will contact you as soon as possible to rearrange.
2. On entry to the home, the cleaner should wash their hands using soap and water for at least 20 seconds. They should also continue to wash their hands regularly and before leaving the property. They should always use disposable gloves whilst cleaning and carry hand sanitiser with them.
3. They should maintain a safe distance (at least 2 meters) from all household occupants at all times and ensure good ventilation in the area in which they are working, including opening the window.
4. No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded. Please inform us if this is the case and we will notify your cleaner immediately.
5. Within a property, surfaces should be cleaned using regular cleaning products, then disinfected using a product such as Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray.
6. Special attention should be given to "high-touch" areas, such as door and cupboard handles, light switches, TV remotes, tables and counter tops.
7. Warm water should be used when cleaning surfaces and mopping floors to maximise the effectiveness of cleaning products,
What are my options?
Resume Cleaning: Please contact Kate on 07898583283 to discuss your required start date. We will be able to talk to you about your regular cleaner’s current availability, particularly if you need additional time to catch up on certain household tasks.
Continue to Pause Cleaning: No action required – we will not send you a cleaner until you contact us directly to resume services. If you want to clean your own home during the lockdown period, you can find best practice guidance on this website. In the meantime, we may give you a courtesy call to find out if you have any concerns.
Cancel Cleaning Permanently: If your situation has changed and you no longer require our services in future, please get in touch by phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. We will then be able to reallocate your regular slot to another customer.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding.