Last Updated 11 May 2020:
On Thursday 16th April 2020, the Government extended the lockdown for a further 3 weeks, with the emphasis on staying at home in order to save lives. Yesterday the Government changed the emphasis from staying at home to staying alert. Anyone who can't work from home should be "actively encouraged" to go to work, provided that they practice social distancing both in the workplace and on their commute.
What does that mean for my cleaner?
Under the new guidance, domestic cleaning can now resume. However, whilst the virus is still in circulation, we fully understand that not everyone will want to take up their cleaning services again. Likewise, some of our cleaners may not have their normal availability whilst the schools remain closed. Our priority over the coming weeks is to ensure that we can gradually reintroduce a normal service for the people who would like their cleaning to resume whilst implementing extra measures to protect the welfare of both customers and cleaners. These measures are in accordance with NHS and WHO best practice and are laid out below. We will continue to monitor the situation and introduce new measures as required.
1. Cleaners can return to work,
providing that they are well and have no symptoms. They will be instructed to
notify you in advance of their planned arrival so that you can be sure of their
good health. If they are not well and are unable to make their appointment, we
will contact you as soon as possible to rearrange.
2. On entry to the home, the cleaner
should wash their hands using soap and water for at least 20 seconds. They
should also continue to wash their hands regularly and before leaving the
property. They should always use disposable gloves whilst cleaning and carry
hand sanitiser with them.
3. They should maintain a safe distance (at least 2 meters) from all household occupants at all times and ensure good ventilation in the area in which they are working, including opening the window.
4. No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded. Please inform us if this is the case and we will notify your cleaner immediately.
5. Within a property, surfaces should be cleaned using regular cleaning products, then disinfected using a product such as Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray.
6. Special attention should be given to "high-touch" areas, such as door and cupboard handles, light switches, TV remotes, tables and counter tops.
7. Warm water should be used when cleaning surfaces and mopping floors to maximise the effectiveness of cleaning products,
What are my options?
Resume Cleaning: Please contact Kate on 07898583283 or Michaela on 07476448871 to discuss your required start date. We will be able to talk to you about your regular cleaner’s current availability, particularly if you need additional time to catch up on certain household tasks.
Continue to Pause Cleaning: No action required – we will not send you a cleaner until you contact us directly to resume services. If you want to clean your own home during the lockdown period, you can find best practice guidance on this website. In the meantime, we may give you a courtesy call to find out if you have any concerns.
Cancel Cleaning Permanently: If your situation has changed and you no longer require our services in future, please get in touch by phone or email email@example.com to let us know. We will then be able to reallocate your regular slot to another customer.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding.